Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is it safe to come out?

My poor wee blog that started out as a place to have a good old winge or grump, with the occasional bit of insider tippage, found itself as a site for SCA reviews -- the social pages, if you will -- which led to less of me being able to get a few thoughts out and more of an expectation that I would be writing up the latest news asap.

This was not fun, so I fled. At the same time, the SCA became not fun, so I walked away.

But I have not burned my bridges, I still have interests, many friends and great students in the SCA. Indeed, I'm even researching a frock. I think I have a few posts I would like to put up here, and it's possible that one or two of the people I used to enjoy conversing with still have a flag on this blog, which would be lovely. This is really just a test to check that the waters are fairly quiet!

Having said that, I can now imagine any reader carefully not replying, but instead whispering 'Tremendously quiet! Now spill some goss!'

12 Comments:

Blogger AutumnHeart said...

Are you procrastinating on that novel again?

Not that any gossip or conversational rambling you wanted to share wouldn't be fun :)

5:01 pm  
Blogger Miss D said...

Where you say 'again', 'still' might be more accurate! ;-)

5:33 pm  
Blogger Eric TF Bat said...

We all still love you, Eon Lady. Come out whenever you're ready, and there'll always be an ear waiting for your goss and a typo for you're red pen...

6:11 pm  
Blogger The Retro Seamstress said...

Heh, I'd almost forgotten you still had this blog. Obviously I don't clean out my rss feeds much :)

Goss is always good, as are frocks.

7:27 pm  
Blogger A Life Long Scholar said...

My rss feed for this still works. But then you already know I'd read your grocery list if you share it, because I think you'd be entertaining about the manner in which you wrote it...

10:28 pm  
Blogger Belle said...

I kept the faith, and the rss feed.

1:35 pm  
Blogger Mayela said...

*waves* I live in the same city and fail to catch up with you enough so I'll happily read anything from you as I miss your witty take on things - I bet your shopping list is a crack up ;)

1:48 pm  
Blogger Caity J said...

not startling the wildlife...

3:58 pm  
Blogger William de Wyke said...

Great to see a post here again :) I think you've got a lot to say that's of interest, be that frock research, gossip or whatever.

12:33 pm  
Blogger Anna said...

hello, and a belated welcome back to blog land!

9:14 pm  
Blogger Black Bart said...

Nobody reading here. Move along.

11:19 am  
Blogger Shonna said...

I can genuinely say I haven't checked this blog for years and then today for some inexplicable reason, I clicked a link on Tyg's LJ..... and found you had suddenly posted to it earlier this year.... you know that you can always make me laugh, probably need a giggle at present.

1:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home